Deliver GREAT Services!
If there’s anything I’ve learned from all the feedback I’ve gotten over the years, it’s Deliver Great Services, and people will be happy!
So, if there’s anything I hope you take away from reading the lessons I’ve shared on VM install, it’s this – Deliver GREAT Services!
Fixing the problem.
IT folks have focused too much on technology and not enough on the service or customer for far too long. But this strategy doesn’t work anymore…
That’s why a few years ago I started focusing my efforts on learning how to truly build and deliver GREAT services. I even created the Think Service First Series because of what I learned, which is:
It’s less about technology and more about listening…
Focus on Results
What are the results I am referring to?
- Build excellent [services] that empower people who serve the customers.
- And in many cases, building excellent [services] that the customer uses directly.
Both result from focusing on the bigger picture, which means listening to people (customers) and ignoring your inner tech.
My mindset changed long ago…
I’ve been writing about ITIL and DevOps for a few years because I was involved in rolling out both strategies. And frankly speaking, neither is easy to get going.
So to help my community, I’ve decided to take many of the posts I’ve written and turn them into a Free DevOps eBook.
- Maybe you’re ready to give up?
- Or maybe you need some ideas to get you started?
- Or maybe you’ve heard all the horror stories?
- Or maybe you want some advice?
- Or maybe you can’t find anything worth reading?
I can relate, and hopefully, something in the free eBook will help you.
Here’s the truth.
Is my DevOps eBook perfect? Not even close! But it does have insight into what you can do and expect.
For example, here are a few important topics I cover:
- Hang-ups are holding back many IT organizations. (If anything, read part 2)
- Don’t get hung up on finding the perfect plan.
- And fail-fast.
I hope you enjoy reading my free DevOps eBook.
Please leave me feedback!