How to Start Earning More as a Trained VMware Engineer
Best vSphere Training
Fast Results for Beginners
This complete guide will show you how to quickly jump-start your VMware career:
- Save Time Focusing on What Really Matters – Get the necessary skills required for real VMware jobs.
- Accelerate Your Career by Jumping Ahead – Entry-level salary ranges for VMware Admins continue going up.
- Skip Wasting Money on the Wrong Training – Start with VMware vSphere training and level-up from there.
- Quickly Develop Your vSphere Admin Skills – Watch 89 step by step videos that guide you through every stage.
A perfect starting place to get the best VMware video training for beginners or admins who want a VMware Engineer Career…
Your VMware Success
Virtualization training has been changing since the 90s when I was getting started. Now, it’s easy to succeed by learning the right technology. Here’s what I mean…
All this attention has only made the demand for VMware Engineers skilled in vCloud, vSphere, NSX, VSAN, Horizon continue to grow.
And get this, as VMware popularity grows – your opportunities as a VMware Engineer expand – if you have the right skills.
Before I became a VMware Engineer, you installed VMware on a Windows 95 desktop; later it was installed on Windows 2000 Servers. And before vSphere and ESXi, vhosts were all stand-alone servers called GSX server.
Wow, that was a long time ago and VMware keeps getting more popular…
Think about this:
SysAdmins with solid virtualization skills are important and their salary is still increasing year over year!
What VMware Training should I take first?
Easy, vSphere is your starting point!
vSphere consists of the server hardware that hosts the virtual machines.
But what’s interesting is behind vSphere is not only virtual machine hosting but also the role of managing virtual and physical storage and networks.
There’s a lot to learn once you start digging into vSphere. At a minimum, you should be able to set up vSphere from scratch, which includes several ESXi hosts, vCenter, storage, and networking.
These are the basics that will allow creating and administration of virtual machines. Then from vSphere, you can level-up your practical skills to vSAN, NSX, and software-defined data center.
This sounds pretty easy, right?
I was a help desk tech when I started, and since then, I’ve helped build and support almost a 1000 ESX hosts and nearly 10,000 VMs. I’ve remotely managed vSphere environments around the world and you can too with the right training…
Now let’s talk about VMware video training.
Most of what I’ve learned has been self-taught, and there was a time when I wore my VCP CERT as a badge of honor. I even wrote and published a Kindle book called VCP for Hire.
To get the CERT I had to attend a unique course only offered by VMware – otherwise, even if I passed the test, it wouldn’t count because my class wasn’t the “Official” VMware brand.
BTW, this requirement hasn’t changed, but let me be honest about vSphere and certifications.
You don’t need a VCP6 CERT to become a vSphere administrator. Nor do you need to attend unique courses costing $4,000 for a one-week boot camp.
If you want, you can download a trial version of vSphere and set up a lab for almost free.
And there are plenty of YouTube videos available to get you started.
But if you want more than to just scratching the surface, then I recommend spending a few dollars on Udemy and getting a full step by step vSphere video course that will give you vSphere skills that’ll help you to land a “Monster” VMware Administrator job.
Even if you’re just handling daily operations tasks on the virtual machines, you’re still learning valuable vSphere skills. But that’s ok because before I ever installed ESXi, I got good at installing and supporting VMware WorkStation and building virtual machines in a lab.
On Udemy you can find online video courses for all VMware products. And these videos are created by people with real experience.
- Do you want to learn how to setup vSphere, YES, there are videos?
- Do you want to learn how to setup NSX, YES, there are videos?
- Do you want to learn how to setup and configure vCenter, YES, there are videos?
Yes, there’s a video course title for to all of the above!
VMware Training Videos
Everything You Need To Learn So You Can Earn More
VMware vSphere 6 Administration
Over 770 Students Enrolled (89 Videos)
Read 100s of Reviews
Let’s look at the list of “Bestselling” VMware learning you can get on Udemy:
As you can see, any VMware technology you want to learn about has a complete step by step video series.
You can get low-cost VMware training for any product VMware offers.
And best of all these are high-quality videos that take you step by step through setting up vSphere.
Udemy is perfect for beginners with a Go-Getter desire to learn on a small budget.
My Udemy account is loaded with video course titles about vSphere, DevOps, MySQL, scripting, big data, and more…
I’m always watching for the deals and investing in my future because I want always to be growing and learning new skills.
You never know what new opportunities are around the corner.
Are you in a help desk job or just out of school and you don’t have experience?
Do you want to learn how to setup and manage vSphere and get promoted from help desk or tech support to SysAdmin?
You can move up, but you need to keep adding new skills that are in demand so you get noticed by hiring managers.
I was in the very same place when I started, but I had to spend thousands of dollars on my VMware training because Udemy didn’t exist back then. How lucky you are!
Today on Udemy you can get started in a few minutes learning the newest version of vSphere by a seasoned professional.
Then, if you want to get certified, you can pay for official VMware course and the test will be easier to pass because you’re not starting from zero if you’ve been watching Udemy training videos.
Sample Video by Rick Crisci – VMware vSphere 6 Concepts
It gets better:
Along with the best VMware course online, you can also search Udemy for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V and develop skills in another HOT virtual technology.
Here are examples of Windows 2016 Hyper-V training on Udemy.
I guarantee you’ll find video online training for something you want to learn. So go ahead and dive in and start learning vSphere.
Where To Get Online VMware Training?
P.S. Other FAQs
- Does Udemy charge a monthly subscription fee? No
- Does Udemy charge when courses are updated with new content? No
- What is Udemy? Udemy is an education service that offers lessons taught by real-world professional on just about any topic.
- Can I cancel my Udemy account if I don’t like it? Yes, and you can get a full refund within 30 days of signing up for a course.
- Does Udemy have a mobile app? Yes, you can download the mobile app for Android and Apple phone.
- Does Udemy offer any discounts? Yes, on occasion you can find holiday and special discount prices on most courses.
- Does Udemy offer corporate accounts? Yes, click the button to read more…
Still Not Sure Which VMware Training Is Best For You?
Unless you plan to get your VCP certification right away, then the BEST Value for VMware learning is on Udemy.
You can learn vSphere and then level-up your skills to vSAN, NSX, Horizon and Software Defined Data Center.
You’ll quickly build new skills that will open new opportunities and increase your salary.
I also recommend you read my guide to the best DevOps training and follow the step by step system I created for customizing a definitive training plan…
VMware Course Titles You Can Get For a Fraction of the Cost
- VMware vSphere 6 Administration 89 Videos, 9.5 Hours of Training ($50)
- Learn VMware NSX 6.2: Fundamentals 97 Videos, 11 Hours of Training ($45)
- VMware ESXi and vSphere Admin Tutorial 53 Videos, 6.5 Hours of Training ($50)
- VMware vSphere 6: (#2VO-620) – Foundation Certification Prep 87 Videos, 9 Hours of Training ($50)
- Udemy Member Community (Priceless…)