Now I guess this is not the first time you’ve searched for DevOps training videos.
Am I right?
The first thing I want to say is, if you’ve failed at DevOps training in the past, it’s not your fault…
There’s a lot of DevOps video training on the net, and it’s confusing which ones provide value.
Many times information overload keeps you from success – there’s just too many training choices!
Which is why if you’ve been feeling you can’t succeed with DevOps, I want you to put those feelings to rest.
You can learn DevOps. You just need the right person to explain DevOps to you.
Ignorant people want you to think you need a lot of certificates or a fancy college degree to be successful with tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Chef or any other configuration management tools.
I’m here to tell you they’re wrong because I’ve seen DevOps practices happen by ordinary Linux admins who learned on their own…
Vendors have their reasons for wanting you to think you need them, but it’s not true.
The difference here is I actually care about your success and truly want you to succeed.
For years my goal on VMinstall has been to help people like you to see the big picture and learn what matters.
That’s what I’m here for.
I know you have goals to be different, and I want to show you how to make that happen right now.
VMinstall gets 100’s of visits per month from people looking for DevOps information.
- What is DevOps?
- How to learn DevOps?
- What are top DevOps tools?
And a hundred other questions about DevOps that bring people to my guides.
Yup, I’ve been helping people learn DevOps practices since 2010, and over the years I’ve watched the tech industry change from big clunky data center operations run by bunches of admins to small, fast-paced teams of highly skilled DevOps minded people.
The Phoenix Project was a novel about DevOps, but most IT managers who read it don’t begin to understand what it takes to build a DevOps culture which is why in most cases DevOps fails.
Forget about DevOps for now and let’s focus on you…
“If you’re not indispensable (yet) it’s because you haven’t made that choice.” ~ Seth Godin ~
I set out to write another guide but then I discovered how much opportunity is waiting for the right person with the right skills…
The opportunity is pent-up and ready to burst open!
So instead of a guide, my message needed to be an URGENT call to action about the best online DevOps training for beginners…
The demand for IT operations staff with development skills is flooding the job market.
Are you getting what I am saying?
The DevOps trend is happening Now!
As a manager who has hired 5 IT staff in the last 6 months, I can say with total honesty just being an average infrastructure admin is not enough. Even a VCP certification combined with a CIS degree won’t get you to the top of the resume stack anymore because everyone has them.
Answer this question.
With your current technical skills, can you fill these business needs?
- More and more businesses are getting bolder and need special talent who can get them to the cloud faster.
- And they need help getting their products to the market sooner.
- Managers are looking for SysAdmins who can script and automate!
I said special talent (indispensable talent) because there are not many SysAdmins with OPS, DEV, and Cloud experience who can handle the 3 needs I just listed.
Is this YOU?
If your answer is YES, then you are one of very few…
Opportunity is knocking.
In another recent post, I published called, Finding The Elusive DevOps Engineer, I describe in detail 10 DevOps skills. Now I’m giving you the next step.
In this lesson, we’ll cover which skills to target now, and where to get the training online today.
Do you want to boost your salary 20, 30, 40 or even 50K per year? Don’t get me wrong, you will earn every dollar of it but the opportunity (truly) is available!
Customize your DevOps training course.
I’m going to show you where to get 100s of hours of training videos and project files that will get you started, today.
And these quality training courses are not where you think they are (YouTube) and it won’t cost much to access them.
Yes. I said cost because you’ll need to invest in yourself if you want to become indispensable.
Trust me; it’s a small amount and worth it.
Because there’s a HUGE reward!
I’ve searched the Internet myself, and these are some of the best training videos online.
- No advertisements.
- No sales buttons.
Here’s an idea.
Find out which automation tools are used by the companies you’re interested in.
You can do this by searching their career site, or on Indeed. Here’s a link to search for DevOps jobs.
Do they use Chef, Puppet or Ansible?
Once you find out what’s used then set up a home lab.
You can use VirtualBox and run it straight from your PC.
Then when you’re ready to start your training check out the free Udemy courses first. That’s right Udemy has plenty of free courses you can start with.
Below is a list of DevOps skills I know are valuable for beginners:
- Web Services: APIs, REST, SOAP, JSON
- Cloud Services: Amazon, Google, Azure
- GIT: GITHUB, Version Control, Source Code Management
- LAMP: Linux, Apache, MySQL, Php
- Windows DevOps: PowerShell, Hyper-V, SQL
Let’s begin with a few training course samples that interest me.
Web Services & APIs
First, let’s look at a sample from the Foundations of Programming: Web Services course.
This video series is very interesting because it goes deep into APIs which are used in most web services but also used in appliances such as load-balancers, storage, and even VMware.
All these infrastructure services have web services built into them and allow tools like Chef to access them via an API.
OpenStack is another hot one that leverages APIs.
Web Service Testing using RestAssured & Apache HttpClient
Like I said, these training videos are deep.
Here’s a list of topics this course includes:
- Basic of RestFul Services
- Using Postman for Testing
- Deep Dive into Code
- Advance Implementation
- Http Client with SSL
- Http Async Client
- Query Parameter
- Exporting the framework
- Source Code
- Introduction to RestAssured
- Http GET method using RestAssured
- Http POST method using RestAssured
- Http PUT and DELETE method using RestAssured
- Authentication using RestAssured
- SSL with RestAssured
- Handling the OAuth access token
97 Lectures (10:30:44)
Lots of Examples!
Let’s keep going.
Here’s another video series I know is useful, Python 3 Essentials.
Because Python is a common language used by configuration management tools and web service APIs.
Many Linux admins can script in BASH but higher languages such as Python, Ruby and PERL have more use.
The Python course is loaded with examples of what can be done with Python. Combine this power with Chef or Puppet and you really have something to add to your resume.
Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from Zero to Hero in Python
The full Python course covers all these topics:
- Python Setup
- Python Object and Data Structure Basics
- Python Comparison Operators
- Python Statements
- Methods and Functions
- Milestone Project – 1
- Object Oriented Programming
- Errors and Exceptions Handling
- Milestone Project – 2
- Modules and Packages
- Built-in Functions
- Python Decorators
- Python Generators
- Final Capstone Python Project
- Advanced Python Modules
- Advanced Python Objects and Data Structures
- Bonus Material – Introduction to GUIs
112 Lectures (12:50:47)
Amazon AWS Cloud Services
Now let’s get to the really good stuff.
Cloud training on Amazon AWS Cloud.
I’m going to show you 2 more sample videos.
Each training course dives deep into using cloud and DevOps tools.
And there’s even training on Udemy for Azure.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
The full Amazon course covers all these cloud topics:
- AWS – 10,000 Feet Overview
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Object Storage and CDN – S3, Glacier, and CloudFront
- EC2 – The Backbone of AWS
- Databases on AWS
- Application Services
113 Lectures (19:46:30)
The Complete DevOps Engineer Course 2.0 – Java & Kubernetes
The full course covers all these topics:
- HTML and CSS
- Introduction to Java Programming
- Introduction to Java Conditionals
- Introduction to Java Arrays
- Programming Core Java
- Working With Strings in Java
- Working With Child Classes and Wildcards
- Java Conclusion
- Building Scaleable Web Applications
- What is Docker?
- What is Google Cloud Shell and Kubernetes
- Working with Kubernetes and Google Container Engine
- Clustering With Kubernetes – Project WordPress
- Deep Dive Kubernetes – Project Guestbook Using PHP
- Kubernetes – Conclusion
117 Lectures (14:09:21)
These are only a few samples, there’s plenty.
On Udemy there are hundreds of videos and project files you can use to tailor your DevOps training perfectly to match any job requirements.
I found this gold mine while doing research for another lesson I published about Online IT Training where I compared 5 alternative online training options.
How much does DevOps Training cost?
Here’s what is so special about these DevOps training videos.
First off, I know there are more expensive sites dedicated to offering DevOps training if that’s what you want…
…but what I found interesting was Udemy.com has all you need and if you watch for the discounts, you can pay $10 per course.
My goal on VMinstall.com is to help Go-Getters get ahead and this is a great deal while it lasts and you can cancel any time you want and keep the courses you already signed up for. You won’t find that benefit anywhere else.
You can go ahead and spend $100s more but I’m telling you the courses I showed above are perfect for anyone getting started.
This is a huge opportunity that will help beginners develop into DevOps or Cloud Engineers…
…and that’s where the excitement and money is!
I created this post because there is a huge need for people with DevOps skills.
The old way of building servers and deploying code one task at a time just doesn’t keep up with the speed of today’s global market place.
Here’s a list of online training courses that can prepare you for DevOps.
- Up and Running with Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Data Services
- Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storage
- Amazon Web Services Essential Training
- Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Training
- Google Cloud Compute Engine Essential Training
- Understanding Microsoft Azure Core Functionalities
- Up and Running with Azure Mobile Services
- Up and Running with Azure
- Using Windows Azure with Windows Store Apps
Linux and Web Services:
- Up and Running with Linux for PHP Developers
- Up and Running with Ubuntu Desktop Linux
- Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP
- Building Web Services with Java EE
- Foundations of Programming: Web Services
- ASP.NET MVC 4 Essential Training
- Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Services
- Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer
- GitHub for Web Designers
- Up and Running with Git and GitHub
- Version Control for Everyone
More VMinstall Guides About IT Training:
- Best IT Training For Beginners: How To Escape A Dead End Job With New Skills (Updated)
- DevOps Training Courses That Will Give You The Edge (Perfect For Beginners Who Want Skills That Are Noticed By Google & Facebook…)
- IT Training for Beginners (Alternatives & Freebies)
Do you understand why this opportunity to take your career to the next level is knocking, now? If you do, understand it won’t last long…
Here’s why. Because as more SysAdmins around you level-up their automation skills and learn CI/CD tools, it will become easier for hiring managers to find the unique skills they seek and then you won’t have the advantage of being first. Yes, first!
Which is why you need to act now and start learning… Click the link above and watch the sample DevOps video training offered on Udemy. Thanks for reading!