A lot more than 10 things happened in 2011, but here are the 10 things I remember looking back on this New Years-Eve Day:
1. Cloud became more than a buzz-word.
2. VMware’s vCloud Director was officially released.
3. Amazon’s AWS (Cloud) crashed several times.
4. Cisco UCS Server Hardware emerged (still buggy).
5. HP C-Class Blade Server Hardware became too much to handle.
6. Citrix bought Cloud.com and CloudStack products.
7. VDI or Virtual Desktop became popular (VMware View/Citrix XenDesktop).
8. VMware ESXi 5 got a lot of ‘Press’ over the big licensing change.
9. Storage Thin-Provisioning became a must due to bloated storage costs.
10. Virtualization, Automation, and Cloud Jobs exploded (more to come in 2012).
Want more tips like this? Yes!
Subscribe to www.VMinstall.com and get personal tips sent to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong. Please try again.