A lot more than 10 things happened in 2011, but here are the 10 things I remember looking back on this New Years-Eve Day:
1. Cloud became more than a buzz-word.
2. VMware’s vCloud Director was officially released.
3. Amazon’s AWS (Cloud) crashed several times.
4. Cisco UCS Server Hardware emerged (still buggy).
5. HP C-Class Blade Server Hardware became too much to handle.
6. Citrix bought Cloud.com and CloudStack products.
7. VDI or Virtual Desktop became popular (VMware View/Citrix XenDesktop).
8. VMware ESXi 5 got a lot of ‘Press’ over the big licensing change.
9. Storage Thin-Provisioning became a must due to bloated storage costs.
10. Virtualization, Automation, and Cloud Jobs exploded (more to come in 2012).
Join Other Go-Getters
Enter your name & email address below to get started.
Something went wrong. Please try again.